• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

Forwarding source number when using twin

Started by compsos, April 21, 2020, 11:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compsos

Hi S
Is there a way to forward the callerid (origin) on to the forwarded number when using the "twin" function on the extension?

The problem is you get a call from your own extension on "twin" but can not return the call as the source number is unknown.

Thanks
G

sysadmin

Under normal circumstances it will indeed send the originating CLID unless you have a hard coded value in the CLID field of your extension definition, in which case it will send that instead (see the help paragraph under that field entry in the V6 extension->edit panel).    Usually, you should leave the extension CLID value blank unless you want to send a specific DiD to the callee. 

compsos

Hi S
This does sound dynamic "have a hard coded value in the CLID field of your extension definition". Every incoming call sent back out on the twin function has a different CLID.
Unless you or I are thinking of something else.

sysadmin

May 05, 2020, 08:32:55 PM #3 Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:50:22 PM by sysadmin
By hard coded, I simply meant a hard value in the callerID field of the extension (Extension->Edit->Outbound Caller ID).  :-)

SARK won't change a callerID unless you ask it to.   There are several places where this can be done; in the extension, in the tenant or in the trunk definition.   If any of these have a CLID then it will be used.

You can verify this by running agi debug at the asterisk console.   If SARK makes a change then it will show up in the trace.   It will show up looking like this

<Local/07nnnnnnnn@internal-00000031;2>AGI Rx << EXEC Set CALLERID(number)=01924nnnnnn
-- AGI Script Executing Application: (Set) Options: (CALLERID(number)=01924nnnnnn)

It's also worth noting that your SIP carrier may not allow you to send a CLID which you don't own, in which case they will usually just override it with the CLID (DDI) associated with the trunk you are sending on.

I just ran a test here on a V6.0.1-51 image with no CLID explicitly set and it sent the originating CLID to my cellphone, which was twinned with my extension.

If it still isn't working for you, let me know the SARK release and send me a console log of the call arriving and leaving the PBX