• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:40:26 PM

News:

SMF updated to 2.0

Debian 10

Started by compsos, August 03, 2019, 07:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compsos

Does V5 or V6 work on Debian 10?
It seems the sources for stretch are getting harder to find.

sysadmin

November 12, 2019, 08:40:00 AM #1 Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:08:58 AM by sysadmin
Deb 10 testing will start shortly.   The biggest issue with 10 is the departure from iptables and the fact that shorewall will never be rewritten for nftables.   For now, we'll likely just enable iptables because the packet inspection we do doesn't look to be available in nftables yet. 

sysadmin

November 12, 2019, 05:44:43 PM #2 Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:12:33 AM by sysadmin
Just an update.   We created a sark buster deb package today and loaded it on a fresh buster install.   Aside from a few issues with buster itself, it all installed nicely and seems to be working.   This is a V6 system with the latest -47 release on it.  We did run into a few buster specific issues but nothing too dramatic.   In no particular order

buster favours nftables over iptables.   Because we use Shorewall we need iptables.  You can choose which you want with systemd as follows

update-alternatives --set iptables /usr/sbin/iptables-legacy
update-alternatives --set ip6tables /usr/sbin/ip6tables-legacy

We needed gnupg2 for our gpg key add to work.   Install with

apt install gnupg2

SSMTP won't install, they've dropped it from buster so we installed the default exim4-light

apt install default-mta

That's about it really.

I've updated the wiki to include notes for buster on the V6 install page

compsos

OK how did you get around the dependency for mysql-server for the "apt-get install sail" command?

It will not see the mariadb-server  as the alternative and mysql-server is not a candidate for buster.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
sail : Depends: mysql-server but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

apt-get install -f has no broken packages and /var/lib/dpkg/status has no mention of sail to be able to modify dependencies. Trying to exclude mysql-server with a - in the apt-get command failed as well.
???

sysadmin

You could install mysqldb before you start the  main install.

compsos

Hope you are all well.

Ah but D10 does not have mysqldb in the repo only mariadb. I did follow a link that said it would install mysql but was redirected to mariadb.

And sail still failed as it could not find mysqldb. Is there a way to update the dependency to mariadb?

sysadmin

what version of sail were you attempting to install?

compsos

Hi S
Version did not matter. It was the dependency for mysql that failed as 10 would only install mariadb. Which the sail installer did not see as mysql.

sysadmin

OK, I think I can shed some light on this.   The deb for buster was missing from the repo.   When I test installed it, I grabbed the deb off the library and installed it in-line so I didn't see the error.   I've just loaded the buster deb into the repo and rehearsed an install.   It went fine so please give it another go and let me know how you get on.   I installed V6 (not V7).   As yet we have no deb for V7 buster.  I'm doing a ton of work on 7 at the moment so it's probably not a good idea to install it for now, although you can if you wish (on stretch).

Del

I just tried installing on Debian 10 and it all seemed to go fine and the PBX is up and running, only thing that didn't "automatically" install as per the guide was the GB sounds package.

sysadmin

Yep, I noticed the sounds pack a day or two after I posted this.   I've moved a copy into the repo so I think you should be all good now.   

compsos

Is a deb coming for bullseye?