• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:00:26 AM

News:

SMF updated to 2.0

SAIL 4.1-12 user desc > 7 in extensions display

Started by apmuthu, April 24, 2016, 03:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apmuthu

April 24, 2016, 03:23:59 PM Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:26:27 PM by apmuthu
The display of the user in Endpoints => Extensions menu shows upto 7 characters user but if longer, it truncates it to 5 characters and a period. This can be extended to display upto 12 characters by editing /opt/sark/php/sarkextension/view.php line 206:

if ( strlen($row['desc']) > 7 ) {

to

if ( strlen($row['desc']) > 12 ) {

A similar truncation is done for display of device name at the 8th character in line 215 of the same file.

For OpenVZ like shared containers, we need a sleep(1) before returning from the routine that stops asterisk.

All changes needed are attached in this post.

sysadmin

Hi apmuthu

To answer your points. 

The truncation is deliberate because without it the tables can be thrown out of alignment.   However, you can still see the full name by hovering your curser over the cell you wish to inspect.  It will appear in a speech bubble above the cell.

The requirement for a sleep patch seems to be a quirk of OpenVZ since we don't see the issue in either KVM or LXC.  Being primarily a Debian distro, we don't test with OpenVZ because its use is discouraged by the Debian maintainers, in fact I think it has been removed from the Debian libraries since 7.0.   However, on the face of it, a one second delay is no big deal so I'll look at taking it into the mainline.

Kind Regards

apmuthu

Thanks for the info:
Quote.... see the full name by hovering your curser over the cell you wish to inspect.  It will appear in a speech bubble above the cell.
and future inclusion of the 1 sec delay:
Quote.... a one second delay is no big deal so I'll look at taking it into the mainline.
Removal of OpenVZ from Debian has forced many a data center relying on OpenVZ to stay put at Wheezy. Default inclusion of PHP7 in Ubuntu 16.04 has had the same effect on upgradation.

Is there any GitHub repo you have created for SARK/SAIL code? Atleast the web interface / php portion? If not, is it okay to start one? I'd rather you, being the founding dev of SARK, start it and we all fork it.

sysadmin

It has been up on GiT for a long time.  Look for aelintra or SAIL.

apmuthu