• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:29:10 PM

News:

SMF updated to 2.0

No Calls out, hits congestition

Started by compsos, March 27, 2021, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compsos

We had an issue following a thunderstorm and a later reboot where the system could receive calls but make outing.
chan.sip failed to load, also in the webpage the trunks showed as "unreachable" but the sip show registry reported "registered"
Initially we thought it could be storm related but since then, checking other systems, found more withe the same setting, but not affected or 1 trunk would not work but a 2nd one would.

QuoteERROR[1335] chan_sip.c: Bad localnet configuration value line 2 : /0.0.0.0

Editing sark_sip_localnet.conf line to localnet=127.0.0.1/0.0.0.0 solved the issue.

I am  a little curious as to why the line by default seems to be wrong and why it has laid benignly dormant for so long.

sysadmin

Hi there

Under normal circumstances, localnet gets set every time the box boots.   There is a systemd task called debsetlan which calls a routine in the generator to set the correct values.   Once done it exits and isn't active again until the next restart.  You can find the code at /opt/sark/generator/setip.php

I'm puzzled as to why it hasn't worked correctly for you.  First place I would probably look is at permissions and ownership in /etc/asterisk.   Everything should be set to 664 asterisk:asterisk. 

Setting it yourself is fine so you did the right thing to get it chugging.