• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

SAIL V5 PCI Card "Could not write to genconf_parameters"

Started by Del, September 03, 2017, 01:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Del

Hello,

I've decided to move from SME SAIL v4 to Debian 8.0 SAIL V5. I've done a clean install of Debian minimal and SARK V5.
Everything seems to have gone fine, the last piece is to get my B100P PCI card setup and working.
I'm following the Debian DAHDI guide from the wiki, all is good and the card is recognised in the hardware tab.
When I come to to the closing stages and regenerate, once I try to commit I get the following message:

"Could not write to genconf_parameters"

The file exists and permissions are 664.
Strangely if I go to the parameters tab in the SAIL interface and manually type anything into the box then commit, I don't get any error.

I don't know if I'm missing anything, any ideas are appreciated.

On a side note, can a SME v4 db be converted to work with Debian v5 or would I have to go from SME v4 to Debian v4 then upgrade to v5?

Thanks.

sysadmin

The genconf file can't be empty.  If you put something into it, even just a space, then I think it will work OK thereafter

You can take SME V4 to Deb V5

Make a copy of the original installed db before you start (/opt/sark/db/sark.db)

Copy the sark.db file from the SME box to the Deb box and overwrite the existing sark.db (you did make a copy, right?)

Now run this command

sh /opt/sark/scripts.srkV4reloader.sh

Issue a commit from the frontend.

You will find that you will likely need to activate all of your extensions and set the "Auth" value (these were new features added in V5).

Del

Quote from: sysadmin on September 11, 2017, 02:36:44 PM
The genconf file can't be empty.  If you put something into it, even just a space, then I think it will work OK thereafter

Thanks, it commits if I leave just a space. Should there be something in this file or will the everything work fine with just the space?

Quote from: sysadmin on September 11, 2017, 02:36:44 PM
You can take SME V4 to Deb V5

Great, thanks. Really liking V5 by the way.

sysadmin

Should there be something in this file or will the everything work fine with just the space?

It works OK for us just left blank.

Del

Quote from: sysadmin on September 17, 2017, 05:22:32 PM
It works OK for us just left blank.

Not sure if something went wrong with the SAIL install but I had the same problem when trying to look at the logs from the web interface - Could not read file fail2ban.log! etc - putting the space in stops the error.

sysadmin