• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:16:47 PM

News:

SMF updated to 2.0

Debian/Sail web page display issue.

Started by PWDasterisk, September 12, 2015, 07:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PWDasterisk

I recently installed Debian/Sail using the wiki guide. After the install I noticed the Sail web pages would not display images but functioned correctly. I tried several different installations methods from scratch using Sail 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.1.0-7 and none of these versions corrected the issue. Other web pages on the server, like Webmin, displayed properly. After some research I found there's an Apache2 issue over the way some sites are structured.

This turned out to be the fix:
echo EnableSendfile off   >>  /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

These are the platform specifics
Linux asterisk 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.68-1+deb7u3 i686 GNU/Linux
asterisk 1:1.8.13.1~dfsg1-3+deb7u3   i386   Open Source Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
sail 4.1.0-7   all   SARK  Asterisk Integration Layer (SAIL) - A fast, lightweight switch for Asterisk
apache2 2.2.22-13+deb7u6   i386   Apache HTTP Server metapackage

You might want to note it in the wiki.
...if at first you don't succeed then keep on reading until you do succeed.

sysadmin

That's interesting, we have never seen this issue in several hundred Debian SARK installs.  We'll do some research on it. Do you have the references you used by any chance?

PWDasterisk

September 13, 2015, 07:42:45 PM #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:06:07 PM by PWDasterisk
Are there any specific references are you looking for? There are forum posts all over google about images not being displayed properly in Apache that are not SARK/SAIL specific. Some are permissions related but a large percentage of them have solved the problems with the "EnableSendFile OFF" and/or "EnableMMAP OFF" directives. I just needed the EnableSendFile directive.

According to the Apache Core Documentation:  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#EnableSendfile this has to do with the build system not detecting the platform's SendFile support properly. This installation was on a Jetway NF96FL-525-LF Appliance so may not apply to other hardware.

I can tell you that it's an odd problem to troubleshoot. After multiple scratch re-installs I finally uploaded some test images to the /opt/sark/www/sark-common/ folder, see it they displayed in the web page - they didn't,  then downloaded them back again. A binary inspection of the received file showed that it was no longer an image file but a string of error messages truncated at the original file length. Since you never know what hardware SARK/SAIL is being installed on it would save some people a lot of time by noting it in the wiki even though it is not a SARK/SAIL specific issue.

...if at first you don't succeed then keep on reading until you do succeed.

sysadmin