• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

V6 CDR Stats Replacement?

Started by Del, April 02, 2020, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Del

I'm still running V5 on my main box, haven't had much chance to play with the newer version since the release (I really liked the V6 interface from what I saw when messing with it)

In the original alpha V6 announcement it mentioned a possible replacement to the Areski CDR, has this seen any progress?

sysadmin

Somewhat.   We have developed a package on our billing platform but we still haven't decided if/when we'll move it to the PBX.  In the meantime, you can always install the latest Areski stat package from the author, I believe it's called CDR-Stats nowadays. There's no reason why it shouldn't work.   TBH most of our customers are quite happy to simply download the CDRs into Excel or OpenOffice, largely because it gives them more flexibility in formatting and searching the data.  Having said that, we also have a lot of customers running packages like Qmetrics and iSymphony, both of which provide their own stats packs.

Del

I'm more just using the CDR section in V5 interface to quickly search/view the last handful or so of calls system wide, just to quickly see what recent people had been doing/calling, rather than using it for analyzing/stats etc.

Is the CDR list downloadable from the V6 interface? Is this just the CSV file with Epoch time etc?
I might fire up a new VM and take a look at V6 again this weekend.

How is the billing platform package implemented? Is this through Provu?

sysadmin

Yes, the CDR is downloadable from the V6 browser.  It is in Settings->Logs
Yes, it is the raw CDR data from /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv

The billing platform is developed by our sister company Brindley Data Services (www.brindleydata.co.uk). It's called, "Bd-Eye".   You can find information about it on the website.

Del

I tried to get the CDR-Stats installed but couldn't seem to get it to install properly, it looks like it hasn't been updated for a while and I broke a couple of SAIL test installs trying so I gave up on that.

The Master.csv works of course but I don't see it being a user friendly/intuitive way of searching the data compared to the simple CDR section of V5 and prior.

Hopefully some sort of basic CDR searching is considered adding in the future because the rest of V6 is spot on, looks really great I really like the new layout and additions.

sysadmin

OK, well, we'll keep it under review but it's a great deal of work to provide a general purpose stats pack. There's a lot of other work going on in the background at the moment with the whole back-end of the product being decoupled into a formal API.  This will allow us more flexibility in the presentation layer so you may see something mid-term.    Glad you like the V6 layout.  Did you try running it on a tablet or smartphone yet?  It's pretty cool in the way it adapts to differing screen sizes and layouts.

Del

Quote from: sysadmin on April 18, 2020, 10:05:57 AMGlad you like the V6 layout.  Did you try running it on a tablet or smartphone yet?  It's pretty cool in the way it adapts to differing screen sizes and layouts.

Yes I tried it on my phone and a tablet and it works really well, very impressive how it adapts and prioritised data/menu/columns to fit.