• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

Request: Yealink template

Started by davidiwharper, December 28, 2016, 08:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidiwharper

Hello Selintra and seasons greetings

I have recently deployed a new PBX for the first time with ZTP. It's very cool - and, yes, I know I'm like five years late to the party :o

Anyway, I did notice that the default Yealink template does not include the instructions to allow for future updates to be pushed out. So out of the box any template updates do not get applied until you log onto each phone and sort out that setting.

Can we please have something like the below added to the default Yealink template (Yealink.common)?

# Auto provisioning
auto_provision.pnp_enable = 1
auto_provision.power_on = 1
auto_provision.repeat.enable = 1
auto_provision.repeat.minutes = 1440
auto_provision.server.url = http://$localip/provisioning

Thank you
David

sysadmin

Hi there

As it happens, we are working on provisioning for the winter update right now.   Similar settings already exist in the Snom templates so yes, we will look at that for you.   You can if you wish 'fork' the templates into your own tailored trees but it's rarely done in practice.   The things which are going into the Yealink, Snom and Panasonic templates are new model types and automatic TLS on/off provisioning.   We have used TLS quite a bit in the vcloudpbx product which you'll see in the near future. 

We also hope to get out templates for the new just-released Cisco range at the same time.  Programming BLF keys for them is somewhat awkward but no more so than Polycoms.

The releases will appear beginning -32 and will probably continue through -35/36.

Thanks for the suggestion, we will speak to our Yealink contacts to check what they consider best practice/defaults and update the templates accordingly.

davidiwharper

sysadmin

No problem.

As a quick update, we have run a template here with your suggested mods and they look fine.