• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 07:17:31 AM

News:

SMF updated to 2.0

V5 Beta Release

Started by rsmith, February 27, 2016, 07:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmith

Any update on the release of v5 beta? I assume this will work on Debian Jesse as v4 didn't seem to work on it.

Looking forward to testing it out.

sysadmin

V5 is just about ready for Beta.  We had a few late features we needed to get in and they've held it up a little.  It will initially be Wheezy.   We've done some testing on Jessie but SystemD needs a fair bit of extra testing which we haven't done yet.

rsmith

Hi

Just spun up an instance with the new v5 and all seemed to go ok but when I try to dial just the voicemail the logs show the following error 

Launched AGI Script /usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/sarkhpe
sarkhpe,OutCos,*50*,,: Failed to execute '/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/sarkhpe': No such file or directory

I have checked and it's there so I'm assuming it's a permissions issue but not sure what username or group sark is expecting to be using. This is on AWS with Debian Jesse so I know permissions can be a bit funny. I did full install as root though.

Thanks,

Rich

Del

Just installed V5 and I have noticed that there is no General IAX option in the extension section, is this deliberate or just an oversight?
Will continue more tests tomorrow.

Regards,
Del

sysadmin

It's deliberate.   There are so few IAX capable phones it wasn't worth taking the code forward.   Aside from the odd soft-phone I don't actually know of any IAX capable hard-phones.  You can still hook up an IAX device by defining it in the trunks section if you wish.       

sysadmin

Rsmith - which release of V5 has it installed and which architecture please?

sysadmin

OK, I think we've found it.    It looks like a packaging error on sailhpe-5.0.0.1 64 bit for Debian 8 (jessie).    We're working on it now and should have a fix shortly.   

sysadmin

The package has been sorted.  If you are running 64 bit and you see this issue do the following

apt-get update
apt-get install sailhpe

That will install the corrected package

rsmith

How is the progress on testing with v5, any idea on timescales from Beta to Stable release?

sysadmin

We now ship it on the SARK200 and most new 'big SARK' installs (X86) are also going out with V5.
It's pretty stable, no major issues reported to date.
We still call it a beta on the wiki but it's good to go

rsmith

I assume the decision not to add the users call recordings to the user login area was down to not competing with Provu's own Advanced call recording addon? It would have been really nice (and I assume pretty simple) to just add another tab next to the voicemail so that they can listen and download call recordings for their extension.