• Welcome to SAIL Community Supported PBX . Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 11:05:32 PM

News:

SMF updated to 2.0

Couple of things

Started by drifting, January 15, 2016, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifting

Hi chaps.

Think I may have found a slight bug in the create a truck. I have been using VOIPON for my IAX truck, this was on version 3 with SME server. Thought it was about time I updated my home server to version 4 on Debian.

When I enter the initialization string or the secret,  the password never seemed to save properly. Always missing characters. The password I had was [%k+N,<9D] Seems that Sail removes anything after the "<"  I also tried this on my little s200, and that did the same. By changing the password to something else, that solved part of the problem. However now I can receive incoming calls, but cannot make any? It is as if it does not have route out? IAX is working to other Voip boxes fine, so it has to be something with VOIPON. Any ideas? as I remember this was a nightmare to get going on version 3, and you intervention solved it.

The instructions on the main site for the Deb install worked like a dream I might add.

Regards Paul.

sysadmin

I'm afraid you can't enter '<' or '>' because we strip anything that looks like a tag during cleansing.  In general, you should  attempt to avoid special characters. 

drifting

That was not done by me, that was VOIPON who issued those passwords.  Might be worth mentioning those characters on the wiki, cost me 4 days trying to work out why. As I said, they worked on Version 3.

Still having an absolute nightmare getting the IAX trunks from voipon working on version 4 at home. And for a customer that has my S200 on loan to test if it's what they need. They have been working at home fine on version 3 Sark / Sail.

Suggestions?

Paul.

sysadmin

I think we sorted this for you Paul.  Your carrier wanted numbers in E164 and you were sending BT national format.   

drifting

Yes you did, thank you so much, was driving me to distraction.

Now I know about this, I will be more aware in the future. But to be honest I am about to sigh up some new customers to a recommended supplier.

Regards Paul.